Ohio Deflection Association delivers support around public safety for the health and wellbeing of those struggling with substance use and mental health disorder(s), through the development of deflection and pre-arrest diversion strategies, support tools, and facilitating the education of community partners providing outreach services. Focusing on real life challenges with real time solutions by providing communities with education, guidance, and resources.
- Membership that is open to Law Enforcement, Fire, EMS, Treatment, Prevention, Education, Peer Supports, Drug/Alcohol/Mental Health clinicians.
- Executive Board that consists of elected President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, and five Regional Representatives (NW, NE, C, SW, SE)
- Executive board must have at least five members of Public Safety
- 2 Year terms
- Quarterly Meetings
- Must attend at least one in person meeting to be member in good standing
- Annual Membership fee of $500 per team and $50 per person
- Annual Training event that offers CEU’s for attendees
- Advisory Committee made up of :
- Governor’s Office/Recovery Ohio
- Attorney General’s Office
- Ohio Department of Public Safety